About Simbavati Hilltop Lodge
Enjoy magnificent views of the bush, the Nhlaralumi River and the distant foothills of the Drakensberg Mountain Range from the vantage point of the beautiful small koppie on which the lodge is situated.
Accommodation is pure African safari, and comprises of individual pavilion-style luxury tents, arranged to create a unique village feel. Each suite comprises two individual tents – one for the main bedroom, and a separate bathroom, which is linked by a passage that can be opened up on one side – allowing for an indoor or private outdoor shower experience. Privacy is guaranteed thanks to the careful placement of the tented-suites, ensuring a tranquil and intimate stay.
Some of the private suites are situated to avail of the breathtaking views, and are therefore accessible via steep stairs. For the mobility impaired, please ensure that you stipulate your needs when booking.
Activities at Simbavati Hilltop Lodge
The lodge offers Big 5 game activities in the early morning and late afternoon/evening, taking advantage of the time of day that the animals are naturally most active. Nocturnal creatures - including the big cats - are regular sightings at night. Currently over 40 mammal species are listed as resident in the Timbavati, including the Big 5 - Lion, Leopard, Rhino, Buffalo and Elephant, as well as endangered species including Wild Dogs and Cheetah. There is an abundance of birdlife, with a total of 360 species of bird listed.
Your day includes:
- Early morning tea/coffee, a selection of fresh fruit and pastries on the deck overlooking the river
- Game activity (approximately 3+ hours) including a coffee/tea stop in the bush
- Mid-morning breakfast/brunch (continental and full hot breakfast)
- Leisure time – enjoy the use of the infinity pool overlooking spectacular views of the distant Drakensberg Mountains. Alternatively, relax in the lounge/bar area, avail of the free Wi-Fi on offer, or simply allow your mind to wander while sipping a refreshing cocktail, and watching the wildlife at the Nhlaralumi River.
- Lunch (A la carte or chef’s specials)
- Afternoon High Tea (tea or coffee and freshly baked sweet and savoury treats)
- Afternoon/evening game activity (approximately 3+ hours), which includes a bushveld Sundowner break.
- Dinner of African-inspired cuisine is served on the deck, or – weather permitting – around the fire in the open-air boma.
Special dietary requirements: We require prior notification in order to accommodate any special dietary requirements you may have. Please ensure that you notify our reservations office upon booking.